So let’s try to understand what just went down at chez CCM. This is not necessarily how things played out but my interpretation of events, coming from someone who has worked in management and PR. It’s often quite easy to see why certain decisions have been made once you have experienced what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes.
So don’t take this as fact. After all, I’m just another faceless person on the internet.
Here are my conclusions and my thought process for these conclusions will be laid out below the list:
- Hwayoung was at least being isolated by the group (or at worst actively abused) to the point where she was becoming a distraction (or she is not a credible threat for the rest of the group in KKS’s if-you-are-lazy-someone-will-replace-you philosophy)
- T-ara members were responsible for isolating/bullying Hwayoung but they too are victims with their spirits broken and forced be who that are to survive.
- KKS implied that he has some serious dirt on Hwayoung.
- The Ryu twins didn’t know about the decision to cut Hwayoung (or are pretending not to have known) until the announcement was made.
- KKS is willing to destroy Hwayoung’s career to save Jiyeon and Hyomin.
- KKS is still a dick: he is calling Hwayoung a diva who has no manners.
- By firing Hwayoung, he isn’t letting them off the hook for the recent behaviour: he actually tightens is iron fist around T-ara by showing that he will do whatever the fuck he likes with any member, even firing them and ruining their public reputation.